March 3, 2021
Learn what user persona is, how it benefits the brand and design strategy, and how it allows for optimal decision making in design.
A user persona is a fictional character made by a team or UX designer to determine the audience the product is being designed for. This allows for clear design intentions and being able to support crucial decisions with facts, getting rid of personal biases whether it comes from the client or design team.
- The first step is to pick out a name
- Next the career of the individual that is the client of the business.
- Select a profile of what the team thinks best illustrates how the person looks
- Describe their family life inside the home
- The financial responsibility they have
- The job responsibilities they incur
- Activities they enjoy in their free time including hobbies
- Lastly the type of friends and relationships they interact with
More Reading Material
A guide to help better determine how your website needs to be designed to help it last a long time in the long run with few problems.
Better understand how mood boards help set a design direction with the client, why they are so important in the beginning phases of design, and how they can help to determine if the design approach is targeting the correct audience.
A list of 5 things to best know before beginning to design to help alleviate problems later on and to assist in a successful design approved by the client with ease.